Saturday, May 30, 2009

Catching Up!

So the past few weeks have been a little crazy..to sum it all up::
I went into work last Thursday and worked until about 4 when my boss called me into his office. We started talking and...the fact is he doesn't need a personal assistant. I haven't done too much for him over the last few weeks and basically I have just been helping out other people around the office. So, to sum it all up..I am not really needed there right now. Which makes sense..if you aren't doing a lot, you probably shouldn't be payed to do it. So I was a little upset and scared at this information, but I had my last day there this week.

The crazy thing about this is, the week before I had written in my journal that I didn't feel like I was going to be there for long. I didn't feel settled and I wondered how I was really going to get into film. I was praying that God would show me how that was going to work, or if I should even continue in that direction...and then I got this information. It was a slap in the face, but it is was a huge encouragment for me to really pursue my goals. That is the reason I came here in the first place.

Thankfully, I got to go home that weekend and see my family. It was really great to spend time with them...Here are some pictures of the weekend::















I still have my job at Starbucks and now I am looking for jobs at production studios etc. I am hoping to have a more open schedule so I can join a community theatre group and take acting classes at night. I will need to have another job if I want to stay here, but I feel confident that this is where God wants me to be so I am going to do everything I can to make that happen.

Also here are some other pictures from Runyon Canyon, a hiking trail in Hollywood I visited this week. I ran all around these paths and I definitely found a great new place to work out..

The view was of the Hollywood hills and in the distance you could see downtown L.A.

And here is a beach in Malibu I went to a while back..I LOVE this area and these beaches are amazing..

So that is about it..I am looking for a new job and that is not always fun..but I am excited to see what's next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment