Monday, May 18, 2009

A Very Moving Week


I wish this was the result of some awesome, lifesaving event-- like I pushed a mother with a baby carriage out of the way just as a giant bus was racing toward them.
However, this is not the case, I am really just lacking any sort of grace. I was running on Friday and as I jogged down the same street I jog down about 4 times a week, my foot hit a bump in the sidewalk and I went sliding across the concrete. I tried to play it cool because of course two people had witnessed my fall, but it actually hurt. Also, copy and paste this cut onto my shoulder and hands. I am not really even sure how my shoulder hit the ground, but what can I say? I am good at falling. Then of course my knee and shoulder started swelling from the impact..so basically it is all really attractive. I did sport a giant batman bandaid on my knee for the rest of the weekend though so that helped.
To top off the weekend, I was sitting in the living room on Sunday night watching a movie with a friend and suddenly, the house started shaking and there was a deep rumbling noise like a bus was backing into the house. I sat really still just staring at the T.V. and my friend states calmly, "Yeah, this is an earthquake." Both of us are still just sitting watching the movie.
My response-- "OK"
And about 15 seconds later. It just stopped. I was amazed at how calm I was during the whole thing because I have never been in anything like that before. I kind of freaked out AFTER. Thinking, the whole earth just moved a little bit. WHAT?! That's insane. Apparently at the center (10-15 miles away) it was a 5.0 out of a 7.0 scale. That's pretty significant. But I have my first earthquake over with so now I know what to expect. I hope they stay that small.
I am coming home this weekend and I am so excited!! I will be missing the 75 degree, sunny, dry weather though..I have heard it's about 90 degrees in Texas. Yeah, I don't miss that part..

No comments:

Post a Comment