Monday, February 23, 2009

Oh Really?!


Moving to L.A. has been such a huge change, and so far I love it.
However, I would like to express some of the things that never cease to amaze me about this town..
-You can valet park..AT THE GROCERY STORE. and there is free parking right beneath the grocery store and you can take an elevator down to the parking lot. You barely even have to walk, but yet, there is still valet.

-They don't know what queso is even though they border Mexico. I was very depressed to learn this.. I miss Tex-Mex.

-It takes 30min to an hour to go 10-12 miles. At all times of the day. I am sure there is a way to get around this by taking other roads, but I am relying heavily on my GPS which is apparently taking me on the "fastest route" on the back roads but I am beginning to doubt that.

-If you have a Hybrid car such as a Prius, you don't have to pay for parking on the streets in many areas of town. I think this is discrimination against people like me who apparently have eco-damaging cars.

--And that is all of that for now. I really do like it here, I am learning so much..but I do miss Texas a lot as well.
On a different note, I turned in my headshot and info. to a casting agency so I can start doing extra/background work for film/TV. It's on a day to day basis so I am excited about that.

And then I went to an audition to be in a Meryl Streep movie. It's a background role with no lines. BUT STILL- MERYL STREEP. The movie is being directed by Nancy Meyers- the writer/director of "The Holiday" and the "Father of the Bride" movies... so I hope I get to do it!










TODAY (24th) is my dad's birthday. I wish I could be there to give him a hug and wish him a Happy Birthday but I hope a phone call will do for the time being!
Since I can't be there in person..
I would also like to wish my sis-in-law a fast recovery after her ear surgery
AND a big high-five to Valerie on her new job :)

Have a lovely Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. So are you really going to be doing work for Extra? What exactly do they want you to do? How is the job hunt going, or does this take care of the job needs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about that...to clarify. I turned in my headshots and resume to a casting agency so they can call and I can BE an extra in films and tv. I am also working at Starbucks starting tomorrow..and still keeping in touch with the temp agency in case a better offer comes along!

    ReplyDelete