Monday, February 2, 2009

4 days?! Really?!

I am having a great last week in Texas, but it is making me realize how much I am going to miss it! Several lovely people came over to the house on Friday and it was great!
My mom went all out on the decorations..










And here are some people that I will really miss!


Also, I got headshots over the weekend and here are a few...




I thought my hair looked a little too reddish in these pictures..

So I went to a friend from work and she dyed it a darker brown.

Which I now realize was really genious to do.. Right after I get my headshots. Oh well...




At the party on Friday everyone gave me a verse to encourage me etc. before I leave. It was really amazing to see how God has really blessed me with such wonderful people who will pray for me as I head out west. I am so grateful for their friendship and their love!
This passage was shared by three groups of people, which is probably not a coincidence and it has already made me realize how great it is to know the Lord..

The whole passage is Col. 1:1-20. But a few verses really jumped out..
"For he rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." (13-14)
"For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." (16-17)
It is so great to read this and be reminded that this is our God, and I get to know Him. He created everything. Fame or money or a huge starring role in some movie would still not compare to how awesome and eternal He is. That's pretty great.

So, I am continuing to pack and throw away a bunch of stuff I have that I really don't need..and in four days my dad and I start our drive!!

2 comments:

  1. So honored that our picture made it to your blog! Your headshots are awesome! Way to go Deb! I'm seriously praying for you this week. You are going to do great in LA! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im going to cry on friday when you leave. just thought i'd tell you that. even though i wont get to see you before you go. i love you joseph. i'll be in LA before you know it to see you. and then we can go to hawaii like we were supposed to do when we graduated...oops!! LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete