It was however...LONG. I think we are both exhausted. We actually talked a lot and the weather was great..exccept when we got close to LA. Of course it would rain when I move there. But, it wasn't raining when we got there so that's a plus...Here's a little photo sampling of our journey.
Trail ride through San Antonio.
Trail ride through San Antonio.
Driving and driving...
Can I just say...Texas is really huge. It took 12 hours to get out of the STATE. That's half way to L.A. But we stopped to eat in New Mexico and then headed on to Arizona to spend the night.

DAY ONE= 16 hours of driving...
Day Two was only going to be about 8 hours...Yay.
We were running out of conversation, but it was still a great drive and soon we were crossing into California! So far, so good..and then it gets better!
So we started to make dinner plans and decide to ask a few people we know in L.A. if they would like to join us. I talked to Catherine White, who is the Production Designer for E! (and also just an extremely nice person) and she told us she couldn't because the Grammy's are on Sunday and she was working.
BUT THEN..She asks us if we want to stop by and see the set-up..and the answer is yes.
I am way more into this than my dad just because I am interested in working in the entertainement industry obviously. But, I knew he'd love seeing the control booths and the stage etc. So we stop by...AND THEN..


We go into the Staples Center to see the stage and they were doing rehearsals for the show. AND THEN.. I hear a familiar song.. It's Viva La Vida.I look at the piano and Chris Martin was setting up. Somehow, we got there right as Coldplay was doing their sound check. My dad actually knows who they are so this was just great.
Coldplay has a track on their newer EP featuring Jay-Z..so then Jay-Z shows up to rehearse with them! Jay-Z is also my dad's favorite rapper in case you were wondering.. (ha)
So basically it was the cheapest, most private Coldplay concert I will ever go to.
Ironically,I didn't buy tickets to their show this year because I was saving for L.A.
This was a fun moment but I really enjoyed spending that much time with my dad before he has to leave. I wish my mom could have come too! But, I am glad we had a good trip and everything went perfectly! Thank you for your prayers!
I have interviews this week and I am hoping something works out. I am slightly terrified, but I am excited to see what is next!









So glad you made it, and slightly jealous about the whole Coldplay thing. ;) Praying for your interviews this week.
ReplyDeletecant wait to talk to you ash!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm not "slightly jealous about the whole Coldplay thing", I'm TOTALLY jealous!! How cool was that. I saw the Jay-Z duo last night, so I understand what you mean.
ReplyDeleteBy the way the Visa bills are here...any interest in coming back to help with them? Just kidding...kinda. Miss you!