Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Only In L.A...

So this is just a short little post to discuss some recent events that are definitely unique to living here...
starting with almost getting hit by a car. This can happen anywhere right?? You are walking across the street because the man on the sign says you can..but people driving also have a green light to turn right. If neither one of you are paying attention..well.. then you stop suddenly to let this car go in front of you. However, then it gets crazy because you look into the car and you see a face above the dash that is none other than MERYL STREEP's face. Yeah, I stopped breathing for about 10 seconds and we waved and she drove and I regretted not falling in the street and pretending to die, only to promise not to sue if she would just let me be in a movie with her :) And yes, it was definitely her. She has a distinct face.

Then, I happened to be bored at home tonight and I saw on the internet that John Mayer was playing an impromptu concert at a small venue in Hollywood. My roommate and I decide to go and after paying $5 to get in..we stand ten feet away from the stage and get to hear an AMAZING concert. There were only about 150 people in the room and he played some new songs off his album that isn't out yet..and they were great of course. He was really nice and funny and took lots of pictures with people afterwards. To say that he is good at playing guitar is a GIANT understatement. It was the most ridiculous thing to see that live.




These are just two crazy events that have happened in the past week. Little things like this make it fun to live here. It is not as glamorous as some people make it seem (that is also a huge understatement) but it can have its perks :)

2 comments:

  1. um, John mayer is my dream. you suck!!! I'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you almost got hit by Meryl Streep! Did you glare at her? That would be embarrassing if you did!

    ReplyDelete