Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Moving In!

So this past week has been pretty busy! My good friend Mallory, rommate from Baylor, came to visit me and it was SO great to see her! It is always refreshing to see a friendly face ffrom Texas who can also laugh at some of the ridiculousness in L.A. with me :)

While she was here we got to eat at a couple of nice restaurants because my roommate's mom was in town and she invited us to eat with them. A lot of times, papparazzi are waiting outside these restaurants hoping to see some one famous. Well, I took advantage of this and asked if one of them would video my friend from Texas like she was famous and he thought it was a great idea! Here is the result::
Pretty great right?? Ironically, we saw him again a few nights later and he recognized us and started talking to us. So I guess we have a new papparazzi friend?? Hmm..
Also, after much debate of whether I could stay or leave Brittany's apartment, I am staying! We took the weekend to transform her old dining room into a bedroom. I feel like I am in college again with a twin bed and rubbermaids under the bed full of t-shirts. I am so, so happy and I love it here!

Behind that curtain is the kitchen and to the right is the living room..









I also think I am going to have a meeting with an agent next week. I ended up talking to a customer at Starbucks, who happens to be an actor and he recommended I talk to his agent. So I emailed her my headshot and resume and she wants to set up a meeting with me! Also I heard about a job opening at Jerry Bruckheimer's company through Becca (Marion) Wolfe. Her husband's best friend lives here and works in the business and he is referring me over to the job! So it has been an exciting and busy week!
Also, here's a little section of Psalm I was reading the other day and I feel like it sums up my desires exactly, especially being in L.A. ::
"Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.
Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain.
Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.
Fulfill your promise to your servant so that you may be feared.
Take away the disgrace I dread, for your laws are good.
How I long for your precepts!
Preserve my life in your righteousness." Psalm 119:33-40
I hope you all are doing well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment