
I don't know why...but I saw this is in my neighborhood and I just thought it was so funny.



Thank GOODNESS it's a FAB estate sale..otherwise there is
NO way I would be stopping by.
I was going to post a little movie of my favorite FAB (ha) spots in L.A. but the camera is having issues so it's going to be a little longer.
I am going to Texas in 2 days and I am so excited! Not looking forward to the heat though...I have been spoiled by 75-80 degree weather every day.
Just for the heck of it..I am going to post my recent Music/Movie and Book reviews because I know you all are DYING to read my opinions on these subjects.. and I would love to hear if anyone has any recommendations!
LITERATURE-
"My Sister's Keeper" Jodi Picoult-- it was good but DEPRESSING. I read it in like 4 days though because I didn't want to put it down. I think I might try reading some of other other books.
"Atlas Shrugged" Ayn Rand -- I just started this book and so far, so good. I heard a lot of good things about it so I am giving it a try. Has any one else read this??
MOVIES-

"Up" -- I think this is my favorite summer movie so far..it's really funny and really sweet and I think it's in my top 2 Pixar movies (with Toy Story) It is good for adults I promise you would enjoy it!
"Pelham 123" -- I don't even know why I saw this to be honest. It's good, not great. I love Denzel Washington but I feel like he kind of plays the same character all the time. By the end I was thinking..OK I don't know what life lesson I learned from that..
"My Sister's Keeper"-- Like I said, I read the book and that RUINED the movie for me. They eliminated an entire character, they changed whole sub-plots for more than one character and they COMPLETELY changed the ending... I get that it is BASED on the book...but I would say at best it was "inspired" by the book because it was almost a totally different story. Good acting though and of course it is still sad, so if you want to cry a little bit, go see it
.
CLASSICS::
I have been renting some older movies and these have probably been my favorite to watch. It's my goal to watch all of the AFI top 100 movies and I am about 70% finished. I have also been going to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences building in Hollywood because they have screenings every week of classic films from their archive. Am I a nerd? Probably..
Recently I watched::
"The Big Sleep" -- Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman -- Very classic Old Hollywood mystery movie and I really liked it!
"Sunset Boulevard" -- This was extra fun to watch because I recognize all the places and street names now that I live here. Needless to say things look a little different now than they did 50 years ago... I wish they still made movies like this!! This is the movie with the famous line..
"All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."
"Sophie's Choice" -- This movie isn't that old..and it's not really fun to just pop in on a Friday night, but some how I had never seen it. But, could Meryl Streep be any more amazing?? Seriously, I thought for a second maybe she really was Polish. This is enough reason for me to watch this again..she is SO ridiculously good.
"Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" -- Who doesn't like Jimmy Stewart?? Just see it.

MUSIC--
"Far" Regina Spektor -- It is kind of unique but I really like several of the tracks..I would recommend it if you like her other music..
OK so if you actually read all of that junk..thanks! Maybe I will put up my little video soon..
One thing's for sure-- The day after tomorrow I will be on a plane to TEXAS! :)



I actually read it all! :) I hope I get to see you when you're in town!
ReplyDelete