SO, again I am failing at blogging. However, that is probably O.K. considering I doubt many of you are waiting with baited breath to know what is going on in my life. It's pretty boring most of the time..
Last weekend was a little more interesting because I worked the Emmy Awards in downtown Los Angeles. I have been through awards season in the winter and it was ROUGH. This weekend, however, was rather smooth. I did have some moments where I thought.."Huh, look at what I am doing right now..this is not normal.."
One of those moments was on Sunday night during the Red Carpet show. I was by the E! 360 Camera, just sitting off to the side and watching everyone. Kevin McHale (Artie from "Glee") comes up to get his photo taken. He is, however, upset because the button from his jacket has fallen off.
We happened to have a sewing kit and I mentioned to him that I knew how to sew a little (thanks mom). He was super excited about this and promptly removed the jacket and we sat and chatted while I fixed his button.

So, there you have it. I sewed on THAT button. My big accomplishment at the Emmys. He was really, really nice and during his interview when they asked him who his suit was by, he said the designer and mentioned that a girl named Ashley fixed his button. So basically I am a designer now.
When the Red carpet part ended and the show was about to start, I began to clean up our area. This is when I spotted an envelope with Claire Danes' name on it. I open said envelope and inside are her tickets to the show. I didn't know they gave out tickets if you were nominated (which she was) I just kind of figured it was an automatic entrance thing.
Anyway, I realized she probably would want these tickets. So I went upstairs to the lobby and began to squeeze myself through the crowd looking for Claire Danes. This is when I had a moment of "What am I doing right now? This is not normal.." I am pushing through the cast members of my favorite T.V. shows in search of an actress who doesn't know me-- but I know her-- in an effort to return her Emmy tickets. Weird.

I had no such luck finding her and went back downstairs. Her husband and her publicist or manager or assistant or one those members of celebrity entourage types were looking for the tickets. I gladly handed them over and was done with that situation. One thing I always think after an awards show is how unnecessarily crazy they are. It's just so weird to have that many people working endless hours to prepare for people to walk into a building and receive awards for doing their jobs. I love them, I watch them, I am choosing to work them. They are still crazy when you break it down.
Other than that, things are pretty good. I can't believe I completely missed a TX summer this year. First time in my life. I think the hottest it was here was 90 degrees for about 4 days, so I am NOT complaining. I don't even have AC in my house and for the most part we don't need it. I am grateful for that Southern California weather.
I hope to see my family soon though!! It's been so long and my little nieces and nephew are getting so big!! I will definitely will be there for Thanksgiving and hopefully sooner if it works out.
I will also get back to blogging more regularly. I think I have 3 readers now (all related to me) so I am sure they are just DYING to read these :)



Hey Ashley! This is Lindsy (Hollenberg)...Just wanted to tell you I read these too. Sorry if that's a little weird...I don't have much going on at work. Anyways I just like to come read about you out there trying to live your dream (It's pretty inspiring)...since I used to think I would be joining you back in the day!
ReplyDeleteyay!! what a fun night!! Why didn't you talk to my BFF for me????
ReplyDeleteHey Ashley,
ReplyDeleteI read your blog too! I think it is so cool you got to sew on Artie's button! I love Glee so that is way cool! What a fun time in your life. Enjoy it!
are you counting me as a relative?i love you!
ReplyDeleteum, so you're famous. you deserve your own tv show. or you should be on project runway.
ReplyDeletei'm trying to follow and google isn't letting me today. it keeps bringing me back to the same screen asking me if i want to follow your blog. and i'm all like, "ummm, hello?? that's why i clicked "follow" 187 times. i'm pretty sure i know what i want, google." i'll try again when google connect decides to work.