So now I would love to share with others. Love it, or hate it. It's just some suggestions...
FIRST AND FOREMOST::
MUMFORD & SONS
This band is hands down my new favorite. At first I thought maybe they were a little too folksy..
I mean, come on now. This picture.
I mean, come on now. This picture. (I dig it, but some may find it to be a little too much folk/indie/hipster)
But give it a chance!! They are on my blog playlist over there (#2) -------------- >
SOO great. Especially when driving. I started listening about a month ago and I. cannot. stop. I am seeing them live in Hollywood in October--can't wait!!
Favorite Songs::
"Roll Away Your Stone"--
It seems that all my bridges have been burned
But you say 'That's exactly how this grace thing works’
It's not the long walk home that will change this heart
But the welcome I receive with every start
But you say 'That's exactly how this grace thing works’
It's not the long walk home that will change this heart
But the welcome I receive with every start
(little sample of lyrics)
"Sigh No More"
"Awake My Soul"
FLORENCE + THE MACHINE
LOOOVE this chick and her band as well. Sometimes I jog to it. Sometimes it's just on in the kitchen. Either way:: good, clean fun. I have also put one of these tunes on the side playlist as well.
Favorite songs::
"Dog Days Are Over" (made popular on the Eat, Pray, Love trailer) ---> #3 on playlist
"Drumming"
"You've Got the Love"
CHRISTOPHER WRAY
This guy is my friend and everyone should give him a listen. It's pretty jazzy and soulful music. I just have to say I know him personally, and his girlfriend is one of my best friends in L.A.
CHECK HIM OUT!
http://www.christopherwraymusic.com
OTHER FAVORITE BANDS AND MY FAVORITE TRACKS::
LOCAL NATIVES--
"Airplanes" (#4 on playlist)
"Camera Talk" -- good for running!
VAMPIRE WEEKEND--
"A-Punk" I dare you to listen and not want to jump or tap your foot. Try it. Nope. You cannot.
------------> listen over there #5
"California English"
"Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa"
PASSION PIT--
"Little Secrets" (#6 on playlist)
"Let Your Love Grow Tall"
EDWARD SHARPE AND THE MAGNETIC ZEROES--
"Home" (#7 on playlist)
"40 Day Dream"
Also check out MUSE if you want some good rock to run / workout to. GREAT, GREAT BAND.
THE END--- You are welcome! (I hope)
I also went to a wedding last weekend in Hollywood in a 90 year old movie theatre (which also serves as my church, Ecclesia).
It was super beautiful and fun. This was my date, Grant. He is great.
Have a great week!!




oh la la!!!!!! It must really be official now if you have posted a picture on the blog! Love and miss you!
ReplyDelete