Thursday, February 4, 2010

ONE YEAR




Also, I mentioned this in my last blog, but as of this Sunday, Feb. 7, I will have lived here in L.A. one year. 
This is not THAT big of a deal considering living in a place one year isn't too much of a stretch for most people. But, I was unsure how long I could make it here and I have to celebrate a little bit. 
I was thinking over the past year and some highlights were::

* Moving in with my friend from high school who I had not even seen since we left for college-- and we formed a great friendship that is MUCH stronger now. 

* I had no job lined up when I came here and in 365 days I have been a barista, personal assistant, nanny and now a production assistant.

* I got to be an extra in a movie and on a TV show. Hopefully more of that this year..

I feel like such a nomad most of the time. I never know what is coming next. Literally if you asked me where I will be in 6 months, I have goals and an idea, but there is NO TELLING. I could end up in Africa for all I know. It is sort of indescribable because I literally have no one relying on me. Each decision as far as work and living is dependent on my circumstances and whether or not I can make it there.  A lot of my friends from Texas have started getting engaged, married or pregnant. --hopefully in that order :) 
I feel so far removed from all of that sometimes, but I know God has had His hand on this whole journey. As soon as I think it's ending or changing he opens another door right in front of me. I am willing to leave whenever I feel like that is what He wants, but for now I am here. 

I have some goals for this year and I am posting them to keep myself accountable!

They are::
* Really invest and stay involved with my church instead of just attending. 
* Take an improv. class
* Get my Screen Actors Guild card
* Learn how to knit
* Read more books
* Paint more
* Become more stable in my finances and living situations
* Really work on expanding my friend circle

I also started a workout program that is based off of the P90X workout yesterday. My friend and I don't want to look like little muscle-men, but we are doing some intense stuff every day for 90 days-- so we will see if I live through it!

THANK YOU if you even read all of this rambling! 
THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all the prayers and constant support. 
I know it's not THAT big of a deal for someone to move out of state and try to work etc. but there are definitely hard days where I don't want to miss out on everything back home. I also have trouble seeing the purpose sometimes but I am so grateful for all the encouragement. 
I think a total of 3 people read this blog, so maybe I should just call them (Valerie, Mom and Callie) but in case there are more, thank you!

I know 2010 will be great!!


 21 Yet this I call to mind 
      and therefore I have hope:

 22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.

 23 They are new every morning; 
       great is your faithfulness.

 24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; 
       therefore I will wait for him."

 25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, 
       to the one who seeks him;

 26 it is good to wait quietly 
       for the salvation of the LORD.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Punkin!
    I am reading your blog too. I love it.
    Celebrating 365 days there. God is good.
    We love you.
    dad

    ReplyDelete