Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Looking Back::












I was thinking last night how CRAZY it is that I have been here for almost a year! WOW.
It went by quickly.. and it also went by slowly at the same time. 
I am so grateful to still be here. I was thinking about the fact that I moved here ..with no job, into the apartment of my high school friend whom I had not really seen in 3 years, not knowing more than 3 people total in this city, and just praying for the best. I have worked as a Temp. in Hollywood, an Executive Assistant at a lighting company in the Valley, a barista in Beverly Hills, a nanny in Santa Monica and now a Production Assistant in the Miracle Mile stretch of West Los Angeles. IN A YEAR! This has been one of the toughest, yet most exciting decisions I have ever made and I am SO THANKFUL for all the prayers and support from TX. I miss my family and my friends, but I know this is where I am supposed to be. I only see what is right in front of me and hardly ever what is in the distant future. It is scary but it definitely forces me more than ever in my life to rely on my faith. Especially in this industry, there are no guarantees and I never know what is going to happen. I remember when I ran downstairs to ask my mom how someone becomes an actress when I was 8 years old (maybe she remembers this too). Other than wanting to be an ice skater (this dream was crushed when my brother refused to be my partner-- who knows what we could have become Chris! Your loss :) This is all I have wanted to do for my career and I sometimes drive around L.A. in disbelief that I actually got here! I still have a LONG way to go I am sure, but as the year is wrapping up, I was thinking how great God is and how blessed I am to have great friends and family. So-- THANKS!! Can't wait to be in TX--just 14 days!


2 comments:

  1. proud of you Ash, can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe it has almost been a year either. it seems like only yesterday that we were racing down I10 to LA. God has been so good to you and led you every step of the way. That is obvious. We are so proud of you for following His leading in your life. Can't wait to see you one week from Wednesday. We love you! dad

    ReplyDelete