Sunday, October 11, 2009

updates!!

Over the past few weeks so much has happened!
My family came about a month ago--which was amazing! I got to show them my favorite spots, and of course just enjoy being with them :)
I want them to come back soon-- and I can't wait to get to Texas. It looks like it won't be until Christmas.. that means by the end of December, total time away from the lovely state will have been 5 and a half months.
AND I didn't even realize that until I just typed it. WOW. Almost half a year. Weird.

Here are some pics from my family's visit!
























I took them to The Grove, Beverly Hills, Mullholland Dr. , Hollywood, Westwood, Santa Monica and of course a short stop by the set of The Office!
Also, a week and a half later, my great friend Maggie came to visit! She and I have known each other since theater in Jr. High and then we went to the same high school and off to Baylor. It is so great to spend time with people from home! It makes it easier to be here.
I have been looking for a new job to transition into over the past weeks. I am grateful for the nanny job and Starbucks, but between both, it was hard to have a steady schedule and income.
I was even considering moving to Austin around January/February.
BUT-- something wonderful has happened! I had interviewed at a production company and it went well--but then nothing. I was still looking and getting worried..but then I got an email from Catherine White at E! and she told me that a position as a production assistant had just opened in her Dept. (the current prod. assist. is moving to New York). **(note question at bottom)

I went last week and started training and learning the ropes from the guy who is leaving. It was great! I love it there-- the days go by fast and there is always something to do. I got to go to the press junket for the new film, "Law Abiding Citizens" and see the interviews for Gerard Butler (who said hi to me, be jealous) and Jamie Foxx. It was really cool!

Catherine was out of the office for work, and she will be back next week to talk about everything. It has been a great blessing so far!
SOO -- that is what is going on! I am very, very excited for so much going on! Hopefully more news to come!!


AND I leave you with a picture of myself and Moses the bulldog, my roommates' dog::
** ADDED ENGLISH QUESTION -- What is the rule again for where you put the period at the end of the sentence if it ends in parenthesis?? Is it IN the parenthesis or outside of it?? Thanks English teacher friends!!!!

1 comment: