Friday, January 23, 2009

COUNTDOWN BEGINS!

Here we go...
So I am trying this blog thing for the first time and I am not sure how I feel about it. I have been talking about starting one for about 2 months now and I actually am finally giving it a shot. I thought it might be a good idea to have this since I am planning on moving to L.A. in TWO WEEKS and this way my friends and family could stay up to date and see pictures etc. However, sadly at this point, I am pretty sure Callie and Valerie may be the only ones who see this :)
Anyway, I decided I would dedicate this first blog to the top 5 things that I will miss when I leave Texas.

Also, for a little positive note I will add the things that I will NOT be missing.. OK..

1. This little one right here. This is my nephew and I will miss him A LOT.
He's so little and I am scared he will forget me.... isn't that depressing?!

BUT.. I have told my sister-in-law that she must show him pictures of me every day.



2. Only taking about 20-25 minutes to travel about 20 miles to work every day. I haven't lived in L.A. but when I visited recently..it was unreal. Like I need to buy a tent so I can camp out on the highway.

3. FREE RENT. also a bonus considering rent in LA is like $1200 a month for a 500 Sq. Ft. apartment in the ghetto.

4. FRIENDS AND FAMILY. I promise they aren't actually less important than rent and traffic..but this list isn't exactly in any particular order.
anyway, I do love them and I will hate being so far away. Here is one of my dearest friends, and probably one of the sole readers of this blog, Mrs. Valerie (Joseph) Millard. She has been my friend for 14 years and I can't wait til she and her wonderful husband come to visit!


5. BEING LOCATED IN THE SOUTEHRN PART OF THE U.S.

I think southern people are nicer. I think they cook better. I think they are generally more attractive people. THERE.
Even though I am moving to the west... I will miss the south.

A COUPLE OF THINGS I WILL NOT MISS.. OR.. THINGS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO..
When it rains in Houston it does this awesome thing where it lingers in the air near the ground for about 2 months. It feels like a sauna...usually in December. I realize there is a lot of sun and not many seasons in California..but I'm O.K. with beautiful weather every day. I can cope with that.
I don't know this man and chances are.. you don't either. BUT the point is.. look at how sad he is. It's because he's thinking.. "Why can't I see my feet when I go 2 feet in the water?" and "Why are there patches of oil floating around me as I swim?" Well, I will tell him why.. it's because he is in GALVESTON.



And here is Santa Monica..about 20 minutes from where I will be living.
The water may be freezing..but it is BLUE and the sand is WHITE and it's just so pretty.



YUM. You know you are jealous of this.



I went to this Target in Burbank and it was 3 FLOORS.
ALSO, it had an ESCALATOR for your cart.
Seriously, what more could you want?!
My love for Target grew infinitely when I visited this wonderful place.







I do love Texas.. but I feel very confident that L.A. is where God wants me to be right now.
I am scared, but I am excited to see what He has in store! I also really need your prayers of course :)
14 days from today!

1 comment:

  1. You have another reader! I have added you to my blog list, so I promise I will be following and praying for you! I will miss you a ton!

    ReplyDelete