Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Back to the City

So my trip to Missouri is over-- and frankly, I miss being there! I never really realize how great it is to be out of LA until I get away and have to come back. Don't get me wrong, I am choosing to live here and I am SO blessed to still be in this city. However, it was so great to be around a family, in a small city, on a ranch. His town has about 1,700 people in it -- and it felt like everywhere we went he knew someone. We went into town to eat and we parked, rolled down the window and left the key IN THE IGNITION. No problem. LOVE that.
On Friday-Saturday we were at the Roots and Blues festival in Columbia. Around 20,000 people came through to eat barbeque, shop and listen to music. His dad owns a beef company and they were selling BBQ at the festival. I got to join in and help with Grant, his parents and his 3 brothers::
It was fast-paced and hectic, but I had so much fun. I got to know everyone really quickly.
Sunday-Monday we just rode horses, drove around town, hiked, and enjoyed his ranch. At one point I was driving a Four-Wheeler through a freshly harvested corn field--yea, Dad, be jealous.





It was an AMAZING trip. This place is GORGEOUS and I hope I can go back soon.
Next stop is TEXAS in 6 weeks!!! I am soooo excited about this, I miss my family so much.
Grant will be joining me for a portion of my trip so now its his turn to be the newbie :)
I am so glad everyone will get to meet him.
Now it's back to reality in L.A. and it is not so sweet. For now, I am grateful to have a job, and a great community here. Being away makes me realize that no matter what I am doing in this city, it is always beneficial to get out for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment