I was supposed to get there Thursday afternoon and I planned on going to Tallowood, surprising my dad and then heading to my house and surprising my mom...then on to my brother's house to surprise them. HOWEVER, I have learned I am THE MOST UNLUCKY traveler. I have had issues everytime I fly alone. EVERY single time.
My connecting flight was cancelled in Dallas on Thurs. because of bad weather in Houston. I was saved by my friend Maggie who just so happened to be leaving Dallas to drive to Houston. I caught a ride with her.. I eventually got home and although I had called my dad, I got to surprise my mom, Chris and Callie. 

I got to eat at Escalantes and Pappasitos which was AMAZING. I miss good Mexican food. Carson spent the night at my parent's house on Friday so I got to spend time with him. I loved seeing my whole family...

These are the only pictures I have. My nephew at Jason's Deli admiring his new Mickey Mouse- with whom he is obsessed.
It was hard to leave..and even harder when I got to the airport on Monday only to find out my flight home was cancelled due to mechanical issues. REALLY AIRLINES?! Why do you hate me?? Thankfully, I didn't techinically have to work until Wednesday so I stayed until Tues. morning and caught an early flight. Now my family needs to come here to see where I live! :)
I did officially get the job as an Executive Assistant at the lighting company. I will do that as well as Starbucks for a while just to save as much money as I can. When I am able, I will probably drop the Starbucks job and move more and more into film stuff.. I hope!
I cannot be more grateful! I have TWO great jobs. In California. A lot of people are losing their jobs, which is terrible. I am so blessed right now and I could not be more excited to be here!
Thanks or your prayers! Have a great week!
**ALSO- I wanted to come back and add this link to a YouTube video. It's random but amazing.
This may just be my sense of humor but I laughed out loud for the majority of this. And I was alone laughing out loud..so yeah, I'm pretty awesome. Please enjoy...and let me know what you think!
**For some reason I thought of Valerie specifically because I'm pretty sure she'll like it :) So next time we talk I am going to mention it..be ready!



How fun that you got to surprise your family! I'm cracking up at your traveling woes, though.
ReplyDeleteummmmmm i know i told u this, but im SO sad i wasnt there to see you! :( leave beautiful cali and hop on a plane to the BIGCOUNTRY aka here! :)
ReplyDelete"Im her mom"...."no..she's not"
ReplyDelete"Bowchickawowow"
I especially loved the part where she said... "i have to go potty" then proceeded to zoom in on the cats lower body...hahaha. what a weirdy